About us

Who We Are

Denker Capital is a boutique asset manager based in Cape Town, South Africa.

We manage local and global equity funds alongside a suite of multi-asset funds. We’re a vastly experienced team with a great blend of wisdom and youth. We share a deeply embedded culture, and a fund management track-record that dates to 1998.

We’re committed to our investors and clients, and to our intrinsic value investment philosophy. We believe that it’s possible to be a world-class asset manager and be based in Cape Town.

Denker Capital was formed in 2015 and two of the founders continue to serve as executive directors and portfolio managers in the business.

Our Structure

Denker Capital staff own 50.1% of the business, while Sanlam Investment Holdings owns the remaining 49.9%.

The management committee is responsible for the day-to-day operational running of the business, enabling the portfolio managers and equity analysts to focus on investment management.

Our vision and values

Our vision is to be our clients’ greatest discovery, and our values form the foundation that makes our vision possible. Our clients include individual and institutional investors, and intermediaries.

Our Values
Accountability

  • We are responsile for our actions.
  • We hold dear to the trust placed in us.
  • We distinguish between right and wrong, always resorting to the former.
  • We respect our colleagues and clients.

Our Values
Commitment

  • We perform to the best of our ability.
  • We keep our word.
  • We act in line with the commitments we make.
  • We are diligent in our pursuit of success.

Our Values
Exploration

  • We seek out opportunities to learn and know.
  • We are curious in the pursuit of excellence.
  • We act with inquiring minds.
  • We question results.

Our Values
Transparency

  • We have honest and sincere intentions.
  • We are transparent in our communication.
  • We engage openly.
  • We state expectations clearly.

Our Values
Sustainability

  • We respect the environment.
  • We are paving the way for the next generation.
  • We contribute to long-term economic growth.
  • We live our investment philosophy.
Previous slide
Next slide

Why invest with us

Experience

With over 130 years of experience between our five portfolio managers – 70 of those years being within our business – we have a deep understanding of market cycles and of investing in local and international markets. We’re able to lean on this experience to make measured and informed decisions efficiently, even in highly pressured circumstances. 

Local and global integrated research approach

The ability to assess investment opportunities and risks on a global basis is a luxury few managers enjoy. Due to our integrated local and global research process we’re able to make these investment decisions in-house, which is a significant advantage.

Small and mid-cap exposure

Our almost three decades of experience in the small and mid-cap sectors of various markets allows us to provide investors with differentiated and valuable exposure to these under-researched investment opportunities.