We are a leading Cape Town-based investment manager, passionate about discovering investment opportunities in South Africa and around the world. We actively manage a range of strategies and work collaboratively with financial advisers and investment product providers to enable investors to build and protect their wealth.
Denker Capital was established in 2015 by Claude van Cuyck, Kokkie Kooyman and Ricco Friedrich, through the merger of two businesses within Sanlam Investments. Staff own 50.1% of the business and Sanlam Investment Holdings the remaining 49.9%.
‘Denker’ means ‘thinker’ in Dutch. We are a team of in-depth thinkers in pursuit of a vision to be our clients’ greatest discovery.
OUR PRODUCT RANGE
Our global equity strategy gives investors access to investment opportunities in companies that span sectors and economies around the world. Investors can invest in foreign currency, and South African investors also have the option to invest in rands via our feeder funds.
This strategy invests in financial companies from around the world. Investors can invest in foreign currency, and South African investors also have the option to invest in rands via a feeder fund.
South African Equity
Our South African equity strategy aims to achieve consistent long-term performance by understanding and managing the risks companies face so that we invest with diversity and a margin of safety. Our scale and investment approach give us the capability to exploit mid and small cap opportunities and the agility to enhance the quality of the portfolios as we identify new opportunities.
South African Multi-Asset
Our range of multi-asset funds provide diversified exposure to a range of asset classes. They are innovatively managed to achieve specific outcomes for investors, using the equity capability of our broader investment team.